Friday, April 24, 2009

So Why Do I Worry?

So WHY do I worry??
WHY do I freak out?!


Rejoice in the Lord always,
I will say it again: Rejoice!
Let your gentleness be evident to all.
THE LORD IS NEAR.
Do not be anxious about anything,
But in EVERYTHING by prayer & petition,
With thanksgiving,
Present your requests to God.
And the peace of God,
WHICH TRANSCENDS ALL UNDERSTANDING,
will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.


I lift up my eyes to the hills -
Where does my help come from?
My help comes from the Lord,
The Maker of heaven and earth.
He will not let your foot slip -
HE WHO WATCHES OVER YOU WILL NOT SLUMBER;
Indeed, He who watches over Israel
Will neither slumber nor sleep.
The Lord watches over you -
The Lord is your shade at your right hand;
The sun will not harm you by day,
Nor the moon by night.
The Lord will keep you from all harm -
He will watch over your life;
The Lord will watch over your coming and going
Both now and forevermore.


So WHY do I worry??
WHY do I freak out?!
God knows what I need.

2 comments:

Meredreth! said...

It seems crazy, but if you were not worried, would you cry out to God? Praise God you have have the strength of His Hand to comfort you.

I often wonder if all my needs had been taken care of would I ever cry out to God Almighty. I find when everything is perfect, I spend less time with God. It's embarrassing to admit....

God has brought me a long way in my times of need and fear. It's in those times that I find I am more reliant on Him. My relationship with Him is more powerful.

It's hard to see that now, I know.... but you are so on the right path! I am excited at how God is going to reveal himself to you! I love you and praying for God's will to be revealed in his perfect timing!

KB The One And Only said...

so true so true. God always knows what we need WAY better than we do. we just have to learn to let go and trust him..... which is quite difficult.