Saturday, March 28, 2009

Hope, Coffee, and a Melody

I've been a fan of the Robbie Seay Band's music for awhile now, but as I've recently found their blog and read up on them, I've become a fan of them as people as well. It's quite refreshing, really, to know that people live out what it is that they write and sing about. And it's quite reassuring to find music that is so relelvant to my own struggles and circumstances, and, I think, to everyone else's as well.

"Some of the things that come out of the music are of great significance. People find hope. Some find solace. Others stumbe upon a journey of faith they had no idea they were on."

And that is the beautiful thing about music. Though we all may have our differences, here we find our common ground. We are all here together, walking through this life, trying to make sense of what is going on around us. And there is a Hope that does not dissapoint.

In reading a particular post the band made about the atmosphere they wish to create with their concerts, they said this:


"It is our prayer, that in the midst of this whirlwind we will laugh as people that have not lost hope, drink deep of a rare cup of coffee, and share a melody that will awaken the best in all of us."

I sincerely cannot wait for Thursday night.
I need this.
My soul needs this.
Here come better days.



1 comment:

Kelly said...

Hey Kristin! I love your blog!! =) What is happening Thursday?

I have things to tell you... I will email you tomorrow. But I talked to him this morning. Got things straight. Even though I have some sadness still... I feel like there is also a peace. So that is good.