Tuesday, March 17, 2009

When It Isn't Like It Should Be

It's about accepting your fate.
Maybe the whole point of you and me,
And every single moment we've shared together,
Has just been leading us here.
Maybe you and I are meant to create this life,
Because maybe this life is going to change the world.
Our story already has the greatest ending. 
No matter what.

Heart-wrenching words, and scene, if you know what I’m talking about. I’m reminded of why I like this show so much – the quotes. If you know much about me at all, you know that I absolutely love quotes. All kinds, from all different places and things and people. I have files and files on my computer of quotes I’ve found over the years that were particularly meaningful or profound to me, quotes that touched my soul in some way. Every once in a while I’ll open them up and read through them, feeling their meaning all over again. As I sat and listened to these particular words, I was suddenly reminded of the vast beauty of life, of destiny. Sometimes it’s so easy to get caught up in our own little frustrations when things aren’t going the way we’d envisioned them, or the way we think they should. But the truth is, each and every one of these circumstances we endure is shaping who we are, and leading us to something better. I know that it’s difficult to believe that sometimes, especially when you find yourself in the middle of all of the pain. But it’s true, nonetheless. And if we will just open our eyes to see it – to see that our journey is not confined to the mere moments we are experiencing, but encompasses the whole of the plot, the ups and the downs, from start to finish – we would do ourselves a grand favor. The frustrations, pain, and heartache we endure are not the sum of our existence, but merely points along the way on this journey of life, letting us know we are living. We are alive, and this too shall pass. I will choose to be thankful, even for the heartache, because I know I am truly living. I am alive. I can feel. Even the bad, but especially the good. And that is what makes all of this worth it. Sure, the pain is certainly no fun. But each new sunrise brings with it a new day. Another chance. And life goes on.


I realize now that when your heart breaks,
You've got to fight like hell to make sure you're still alive.
Because you are.
And that pain you feel?
That's life.
The confusion and fear?
That's there to remind you that
Somewhere out there is something better;
And that something is worth fighting for.

No comments: