Sunday, February 8, 2009

Say Something

"...but now I am seeing we don't live in a single song.
We move from song to song, lyric to lyric, from chord to chord.
There is no ending here; it's an infinite playlist."

Music. It truly speaks to me like nothing else. It always has a way of reaching me where I'm at, touching my soul, and moving my spirit. It never fails, and I don't know where I'd be without the gift of music. It has a way of blessing, encouraging, uplifting, empathizing, or inspiring at just the right moment. And every once in awhile, I find that perfect song at the exact moment I need to hear it, and I swear it was written just for me. Other times, it's a whole score of songs, when played one after the other, that let me know I'm not alone, I'm not the only one who's ever felt this way, and it's going to be okay. Currently, this playlist for me goes as follows, and in this order:

1. Gravity, Sara Bareilles
2. Maybe, Dana Glover
3. Kindly Unspoken, Kate Voegele
4. Fix You, Coldplay
5. Take You or Leave You, Jill Paquette
6. How To Save A Life, The Fray
7. Droplets, Jason Reeves & Colbie Caillat
8. I Just Can't Live A Lie, Carrie Underwood
9. When You're Gone, Avril Lavigne
10. If You're Gonna Leave, Emerson Hart
11. Dreaming With A Broken Heart, John Mayer
12. Lift Me Up, Kate Voegele
13. Over Thinking [Acoustic], Relient K
14. It's Not Just Me, Rascal Flatts
15. So Close, Jon McLaughlin
16. New Day, Robbie Seay Band
17. 10 Hours, Warren Barfield
18. When You Love Someone, Bethany Dillon
19. It Is You (I Have Loved), Dana Glover

No comments: